Travel support for ASWA-Tokyo participants.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION from the Google form link by 17:00, 1 September (Japan time, which is GMT +9. To be on the safe side, please send the application by 31 August).
Form for travel support
We will decide the amount of support and inform each applicant in early September.
- We support only those who present a paper (oral or poster).
- We currently plan for up to 1000 Euros support per participant, to cover air ticket. Our budget is however limited and the amount of support depends on the number of applications we will receive.
- We won't be able to support the costs for conference dinner, excursion, or the living cost (food and local transportation) during your stay in Tokyo.
1. Graduate students and unemployed researcher.
2. Employed Post-docs and researchers who do not have full travel support from their project or institutions.
Please declare the amount of support available from other sources (including private resource) when you return the application form.
Priority may be given to the applicants from " Reduced Rate Countries" defined by the ICAZ membership rate. (i.e. countries other than Australia, Canada, European Union countries, Japan, Iceland, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, USA. )
The funding from the organizing committee cannot exceed the cost of the ticket.
Special cases may be considered, depending on the availability of budget and the number of applicants. Please explain in the "comments" section if you request the support that exceeds the price of the ticket.
Support for Accommodation
For category 1) applicants, accommodation at university guest house may also be available (the number of rooms is limited).
If you would like to be considered, please inform us in the application form.
For category 1) applicants, reduction or waiver of registration fee may be considered. Please write your financial situation in the application form if you would like to be considered.
The travel funding will be transferred to the bank account of the participants after she/he returns home. In addition to the receipt of the ticket, a copy (photograph or scanned image) of the used boarding pass of both ways should be sent to the organizing committee to process the money transfer. It will be the end of December at the earliest that you will receive the money.
If this procedure creates a problem for you, especially if you do not have a bank account where you can receive money transfer from Japan, please explain your situation in the application form.
We have additional funding for those who present a paper related to following topics or regions.